The instructors made me feel comfortable being there, and went step by step through everything I needed to know. I recommend ICCTA to everyone I know!” ~ Linda – New Lenox, IL
“Worth every cent. The knowledge from the staff at ICCTA is unparalleled. I signed up thinking that if they could teach a swat team, then they could teach an old dog. And they did.”
~ Tom – Midlothian, IL
“The training I received made a big difference. Now I’m more confidant and it shows. Thank you, ICCTA.” ~Adam – Manhattan, IL
“I only needed the 8 hour course. What I learned in those 8 hours was more than I learned from all my other courses and licenses….combined!
~ Michael, Bolingbrook, IL
“On a whim, my Pilates group signed up for classes together….Watch out Bad Guys! There is a new breed of confident women you better not mess with! Best thing we have EVER done!”
~ Jillian, Chicago, IL
TO REGISTER TODAY!
BACK TO CLASSES
Illinois Concealed Carry License Class
This class is specifically designed to qualify students to obtain the Illinois Concealed Carry License. The Illinois State Police requires 16-Hours of training. At ICCTA, we offer the 16-Hour course in four, 4-Hour “Modules.”
Modules do not have to be taken in order, except for Module #3 and Module #4. Although some of our students prefer to take the classes in progression, this is only required for Modules 3 & 4.
Module #1: Covers State and Federal Laws All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm.
1. With emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h) which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
2. With emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
3. The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq.
4. Relevant portions of the ILCS including but not limited to
5. 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person**
6. 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of dwelling**
7. 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property**
8. 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
Module #2: Covers Firearm Safety
4 basic firearm handling safety rules
Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm
Gun identification: revolver, semi-automatic, misc.
Ammunition identification and selection
Safety and cleaning protocols
Module #3: Covers Firearms Principles
a. Basic principles of marksmanship
d. Firearm draw from concealment
e. Sight Alignment
f. Sight Picture
g. Trigger Control
h. Loading & Unloading
Module #4: Range
1. Dry fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
2. Dry fire practice drills from concealment.
3. Live fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
4. Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards on a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police. (See www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm)
* The Department will accept up to 8 hours of in-person training already completed toward the 16 hour training requirement as outlined in Section 75 (i) [training course must be approved by the ISP] of the Act provided those 8 hours cover the classroom and range subject matter of Module #2 and Module #3. The additional 8 hours of training required by Sections 75 (g) and (i) of the Act will be comprised of Module #1 and Module #4. You must bring a certificate of completion from a previous class or Form DD214.) Module #1 and Module #4 are required by EVERYONE.
(Please call to for available group discounts)